I had the opportunity to visit the set of one of my favorite shows on television: the sitcom “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” which shoots on the Fox lot. A group of us observed the shooting of a very funny scene in Paddy’s pub (I wish I could tell you the premise, but I can’t reveal any spoilers), toured the set and interviewed the cast. Read more
Dan’s 2-Minute Screenwriting School is back in action with an expert panel of top screenwriters including Dustin Lance Black (Milk, Big Love), Josh Olson (A History of Violence), Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America, Chronicles of Narnia) and Diablo Cody (Juno). These professional script doctors discuss the importance of writing multiple projects at once. Read more
Because this A-Team does not help people in trouble. They’re only out for revenge.
This A-Team did not serve time in the same military unit and then escape from a prison camp, thus bonding them together for life. In fact…
This A-Team doesn’t make any sense, whatsoever.
And it just got pitied like a fool by The Karate Kid, which made DOUBLE its gross in their mutual opening weekend.
At this time last year, “The Hangover” and “Up” were going gangbusters at the box-office — both ORIGINAL scripts.
But, wait, The Karate Kid is also a remake of a piece of campy 80s material. So why did it fare so much better?
- […] Story Maps: The Central Dramatic Question [...December 6, 2015 - 2:12 pm by Last Weeks Writing Links For 11/30-12/5 | B. Shaun Smith
- I do find the story maps helpful. My frustration so far...October 24, 2015 - 4:02 pm by William
- […] True Detective Pilot Story Map Beat Sheet | Act...October 18, 2015 - 12:25 pm by NaNoWriMo: Beat Sheets and Story Engineering Worksheets | Writers in the Grove
Academy Awards big idea cable TV character Christopher Nolan contests craft FX high concept Hollywood how to screenplay how to write a screenplay how to write a screenplay book how to write screenplay interviews justified Mad Men Oscars oscar screenplays pitch a screenplay podcast professional screenwriters Screenplay Analysis screenplay contests screenplay coverage Screenplay Tips screenwriter interviews script Coverage script doctor spec scripts star wars Story Maps story maps book Story Maps Podcast Superhero screenplay The Biz The Black List the dark knight rises the dark knight screenplay TV tv drama TV pilots TV screenplay tv writing Webinars
- Story Maps Books
- Script Services
- Master Class
- Story Maps
- INTERSTELLAR Podcast
- Lee Stobby manager interview Part One: The Ideal Screenwriter
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Podcast
- Writing Superhero Movies and TV
- Back to the Future Podcast
- Man of Steel Podcast
- Memento Podcast
- The Shawshank Redemption Podcast
- Inception Podcast
- The Dark Knight Podcast
- The Dark Knight Rises Podcast
- Batman Begins Podcast
- TV Drama Book
- Special Offers