NOW AVAILABLE: “ADAPTING YOUR BOOK INTO A STREAMING TV SERIES,” a 65-minute webinar with supporting documents taught by Daniel P. Calvisi, former Book Reader for movie studios and the best-selling author of STORY MAPS: TV DRAMA: The Structure of the 1-Hour Television Pilot.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Daniel Calvisi is a former Book Reader for major movie studios like Miramax Films, Fox and New Line Cinema, a working Script Doctor for TV producers and the author of Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot.
Having worked as a top book reader (the first person to evaluate a novel or non-fiction book as a potential movie) for major movie studios AND a story consultant for current TV writers, producers and execs (his clients’ credits have included HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, Paramount+ and more), Daniel Calvisi can teach you the critical methods and best practices you need to convert your book into an episodic series fit for one of today’s major streaming platforms such as Netflix, HBO Max, Paramount+, Hulu, Apple TV+ and Disney +.
This webinar is perfect for a fiction or non-fiction writer who wants to learn how to adapt their book (or graphic novel, memoir, short story collection, trilogy, etc.) into a TV pilot screenplay and pitch document.
Writers who view this webinar will finish with a solid understanding of their story’s potential to be a current television series and the critical elements that go into crafting a series for a major streaming network.
Daniel Calvisi will take you step by step through the process of converting your novel or memoir into the structure of the hottest format in entertainment today: the streaming television series. If you have written a book that you think has the potential to reach a new, massive audience via the streaming multiverse, this webinar is for you.
You will receive a bonus Worksheet to help you map out your story, a sample Beat Sheet of a hit show to show you the story map in action, a guide to laying out your Pitch Deck, and two sample pitch decks for the seminal shows Stranger Things and True Detective.
- Recording of 65-minute WEBINAR to download so you can watch at any time, on your own schedule.
- Essay on the difference between film and television concepts.
- Exclusive Story Map WORKSHEET to help you define your main dramatic elements and the beats of your pilot as well as the major arcs of future seasons.
- Sample Story Map BEAT SHEET from the pilot of a popular TV series.
- Pitch outline guide to give you a template to craft your pitch document from.
- Sample pitch document for Stranger Things. This is the famous graphics-heavy deck that the creators used to sell the show, which quickly became Netflix’s #1 show.
- Sample pitch document for True Detective. A text-based mini-bible that introduced the ground-breaking series to the industry.
- WHAT: 65-min VIDEO PRESENTATION and BONUS DOCS
- WHEN: ON-DEMAND, AVAILABLE NOW FOR DOWNLOAD
- WHERE: YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER
- WHY: TO TEACH YOU THE METHODS AND BEST PRACTICES TO USE IN EVALUATING YOUR BOOK’S POTENTIAL AS A TV SERIES AND HOW TO STRUCTURE A PITCH DECK, THE PILOT AND FUTURE EPISODES.
- PRICE: $
79$49 with coupon code (I also suggest you sign up for my Newsletter to get future offers).
Daniel P. Calvisi is a Script Doctor, writing coach and the author of Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay, Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot, Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan. He is a former Story Analyst for major studios like Fox, Miramax Films and New Line Cinema. He coaches writers, teaches webinars on writing for film and television and speaks at writing conferences. He has been endorsed by Script Magazine and featured on Indie Film Hustle, Film Courage and L.A. Screenwriter. He holds a degree in Film and Television from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. He lives in Los Angeles.
NEXT: Learn how to write a GREAT television pilot in Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Drama…
Praise for Story Maps: TV Drama (buy on Amazon)…
“STORY MAPS: TV DRAMA is a handy, practical guide that walks writers through the process of creating a compelling TV drama. I wish I’d had this book when I was first starting out!”
-Hilary Weisman Graham, Writer, Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
“I’ve turned to Dan for notes on several feature scripts in the past, and this new book is well-timed as the industry makes a huge shift toward television.”
-Richard J. Bosner, Producer, Take the Ten (Netflix)
“I always get asked – how do you write a pilot? Dan Calvisi has the answers! Seriously, check him out.”
-Sam Ruano, Writer (Killjoys (HULU), Lost Girl (Sony TV), Little Mosque on the Prairie (CBC))