Invest in your screenwriting career by hiring a seasoned pro and industry veteran to analyze your screenplay. The FULL CONSULTATION is my most comprehensive completed screenplay analysis package and features detailed page notes embedded in your pdf (or, if you prefer, handwritten notes on a hard copy), a typed worksheet with notes and a scoring grid, email follow-ups AND a follow-up Zoom conference. This is a fantastic service at a competitive rate, but I don’t do that many of them, so please inquire asap as to my availability.
What you get:
- I will read your draft 3 times.
- Detailed electronic notes embedded into your script document, showing my reactions and questions as I read it and pointing out problems with all major elements, especially in regards to structure, pacing, cutting and trimming, clarity, emotion, and your voice on the page. What is working and what is not working.
- Crucial line editing notes on spelling and grammar errors, format issues, paragraph breaks and red-lining what I suggest you cut and trim.
- A “wrap-up” note at the end of the doc that summarizes the major critical issues in your script and how to fix them, and my overall commercial assessment.
- 15 Crucial Story Questions worksheet — how your script addresses 15 essential story elements. This most closely resembles a COVERAGE report, with a “box score” rating on a scale of Excellent, Good, Fair, and Poor and detailed typed notes. [15-crucial-questions-sample: High-Concept Comedy] [15-crucial-questions-sample: Period Horror]
- My E-Books PDF Triple Bundle: Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay, Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan (learn more). Includes 25 sample Story Maps from successful movies so you can see my method in action.
- 2 rounds of email follow-up questions.
- 1 hour, recorded Zoom conference.
Requirements: Completed feature-length screenplay (90-130 pages), in standard screenplay format in COURIER FONT, 12 POINT SIZE, with 1″ margins on top and bottom and page numbers.
Note: please judge the length of your script with at least 1″ margins on top and bottom of the document and the dialogue set in a 3.5″-4″ wide block. Other margins may distort the true length of the draft. Fees will be assessed if over 130 pages (see Extras).
Availability is extremely limited, please inquire and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can… email me.