Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays (a.k.a. “Booster Pack #1”) is now available in its revised version AND it now includes a BONUS 13TH MAP OF THE BRILLIANT THRILLER “SEVEN!”
The e-book breaks down 13 GREAT MOVIES, primarily from the past decade, into a detailed but easy-to-follow structural analysis known as the Story Map.
Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays analyzes these films:
- Juno (Teen Comedy/Drama) 2007
- The Social Network (Biopic) 2010
- Hustle & Flow (Music Drama) 2007
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Action/Adventure) 1981 (Sample here)
- Black Swan (Thriller) 2010 (Sample here)
- Sex and the City (Romantic Comedy) 2008 (Sample here)
- Meet The Parents (Comedy) 2000
- The Matrix (Sci-Fi Action) 1999
- Rain Man (Drama) 1988
- Rocky (Sports Drama) 1977 (Sample here)
- Up (Animated Comedy/Action) 2009
- X-Men (Superhero “Origin” Action) 2000
- BONUS: Seven (Serial Killer Thriller) 1995
These hit movies are great examples of professional screenwriting in many different genres and budget levels aimed at varied audiences. I stand by each title as a strong example of its genre and as a primer to learn the screenwriting craft at the level that you need to be: the “submission ready” tier that makes a good script into a GREAT script.
Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays is now available for purchase in a special discount bundle with my E-Book Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay or on its own. It is in hi-res PDF format with lightning-fast bookmark navigation and you may print it at home. It is compatible with PC, Mac and any e-readers that can open PDFs.
I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to working with you. Any questions, please feel free to email me.
Good Luck and Happy Writing!
Related: The Wrestler Story Map
*Illustration by Dustin Tanner. Cover images used without permission for educational purposes only. Copyright credits can be found in the e-book.
*Note: The e-book does not contain images from the films.
Buy it on Amazon for Kindle (does not contain the bonus map):