Happy New Year and here’s to 2013 being the year of your GREAT SCRIPT!
I know it’s been way too long since I posted here, and even longer since I sent out a newsletter (yikes), so I apologize for the delay. But I can tell you that I’ve been very busy with my Master Class students and many other projects that I’ll be telling you about in the near future. Here’s what’s up with me and Act Four:
- I’m currently taking apps for new Master Classes, both group and private, to launch later this month. I’d love to run two groups, one experienced and one for newer writers, if we can field enough qualified writers. I also have one or two slots open for private students, depending on when I hear from you. I’ve updated the Master Class page with more information. Please don’t wait to contact me if you’re interested in applying as space is limited. Speaking of the Master Class…
- Update: Several of my Master Class writers have completed all-new spec scripts, developed from loglines in the workshop, and they are prepping them for the market. I can say with certainty that I plan to personally email at least three of these scripts to one of the biggest script managers in the business.
- I’ve been taking time off from script consultations so don’t be surprised if I’m not available to give you notes, but please check with me anyway and I’ll let you know my status or I can refer you to a trusted colleague.
- I’ve been catching up on movies from 2012, in anticipation of my next webinar with the Writer’s Store, STORY MAPPING OSCAR-WINNING SCREENPLAYS! on Wednesday, February 20 at 1:00 A.M. PST. I’ll get you a link when The Writer’s Store puts it on sale, and I promise I will cut down my intro this time! (I was a tad slow on my last call.)
- Hey, what happened to that Christopher Nolan book you’ve been touting for about 14 years, you ask? Well, we’re still in the home stretch (knock on wood) but we’ve got ourselves a new cover…
That’s progress, right?
Gotta go for now, but I’ll see you soon with some cool stuff.
Good Luck and Happy Writing,